Okay…let’s get this over with….
…I LIKE CARS 2!
- Just hear me out. By no means is it a good film, I know that. I just enjoy it. Let’s just get through this review without any tomato-throwing. Okay? Okay.
- Story: Lightning McQueen is entered into World Grand Prix sponsored by Alinol, a new, organic form of gasoline. Mater and McQueen are now traveling the world! But meanwhile, Mater is confused for a spy and must now save the world with the help of Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell. We don’t know anything about these characters, so let’s move on.
- The story isn’t very good, and it is very cliche. The ending twist isn’t really that surprising. It’s not a “you thought it was was red, but it’s blue” scenario. I think it’s more of a “you thought it was red….you were right” scenario. The story doesn’t have the Pixar quality.
- Animation: It’s Pixar Animation….that’s it. Well, they did show what the world of Cars looks like. Places like Big Bentley…IT’S FUNNY BECAUSE IT’S ABOUT CARS! HA!
- Characters: All the original characters are there. They’re the same. We don’t learn much more about them. We seem to focus more on Mater. Lightning McQueen doesn’t get much spotlight.
- To be totally honest, I was never a fan of Owen Wilson’s acting. It seemed too forced and overacted. But that’s just me.
- The new characters are bland. What more can I say? We have no character development in these guys. Finn McMissile is a bore. Holley Shiftwell is the love-interest…sort of.
- Did they really try to give Mater a girlfriend? Mater and Holley never got to know each other. Heck, they talk to each other much, and when they did, it usually was just a sentence. Mater would say something cute and Holley would smile or something. I wish they had a moment like McQueen and Sally did in the first film.
- Is Cars 2 as bad as everyone says it is? Yeah, I guess. I think we’re just so amazed to see Pixar give us a movie that’s not amazing but okay. If Pixar didn’t release it, I guess it would just be another movie that you’d see once and never again. But since Pixar was the one who made this, it seems so much worse.
- I obviously didn’t expect Pixar to flop so hard. But will their next film help them make a comeback? Let’s see. See you later, Animators!
- Story: 4
- Animation: 7
- Characters: 3
- Total: 4.6